You did it!
You put your Viome recommendations into action. Were you surprised by how following the recommendations made you feel?
The good news is there is still room for improvement. Your gut microbiome is constantly changing and when you retest you build on the progress you’ve started.
When you retest, you will see how following your recommendations has changed your microbiome and get new recommendations to reflect the current state of your gut. This new insight can help you improve your gut even further. Even if you are already feeling great after your first round of Viome recommendations, a retest can help keep you on track and work with your microbiome as it changes.
(Or perhaps you had a tough time sticking to your Viome plan this time around because life got in the way. We totally understand – life gets busy!)
Your gut microbiome shifts based on many factors and what you feed it is a huge contributor its changes. The best way to track your results is to:
1. Really stick to your recommendations
2. Keep a close watch on your symptoms
It’s so important to not only follow your Viome recommendations, but regularly retest. With each retest, you build momentum towards a better microbiome.
In a Viome study, we followed participants for 3 weeks as they ate the things they would normally eat. We sampled them initially and again 3 weeks later, we were able to distinguish who was who based on their core microbial community. Pretty cool, huh?
Overall, your gut microbiome is very malleable and changes to reflect what it is being fed. So feed it the good stuff.
Even if you haven’t completely stuck to your Viome recommendations – don’t give up yet! Your gut microbiome and body rely on the food you consume to function optimally. Isn’t it amazing that we can impact one of the most influential parts of our body through our diet? You can do this.
If you’ve been following your recommendations, retesting with a second Viome kit gives you a chance to build upon your progress and see how things have shifted.
When You Get a Viome Retest, You Are Leveling Up!
Here are 5 times when you should definitely retest with Viome:
1. If it’s been more than six months since your last test – Whether or not you followed your Viome recommendations (we hope you did!), your gut microbiome today isn’t the same as it was five, four, or even three months ago. So it’s time for a retest!
2. If you took antibiotics – Sometimes taking antibiotics is necessary but it wrecks your microbiome. When this happens, you should wait until you’ve completed your course and order a Viome retest. This gives your gut the best chance to restore diversity and richness after your bugs have experienced a major disruption.
3. If you’re trying to get pregnant or become pregnant – First off, congratulations! This is an exciting time and your health should be of top priority. When you give birth, it is not only your genes that get passed onto your baby but your gut microbiome too. Your microbes colonize your baby from the moment they are born. After that, they begin the development of their own microbiome. We know that the organisms living in our guts impact our health. Transferring a dose of beneficial bugs from yourself to your newborn could be a great way to give them a healthy start.
4. If you’ve traveled out of the country – Traveling out of the country exposes you to all sorts of new bacteria, viruses, and who knows what else! While this could be great for your overall diversity, it could also introduce opportunistic organisms. These are microbes that normally are harmless but if the conditions are right, can take advantage of a host, colonize your microbiome, and throw off its balance. When you get your results, Viome’s recommendations can help you bring your microbiome back to baseline.
We’ve even had customers avoid traveler’s diarrhea, which is common when new microbes are introduced to the gut ecosystem while abroad. Check out what Jenn had to say:
“You guys at Viome are awesome! My predatory gut rehab, guided by Viome has enabled me to be the only person on my trip to India that had not experienced ANY diarrhea! Gotta love a healthy gut.” – Jenn
5. If you’re under a lot of stress – Major life changes like divorce, death in the family, or job stress can cause dysbiosis in the gut. The effects of stress on your gut microbiome can prevent it from doing its job well, which can lead to a cascade of health problems!
Get ahead of the problem and retest with Viome during these tough times. We know that .trying to eat healthy during hard times is difficult. With Viome you’ll get your specific Viome food recommendations to fuel your microbiome which plays an extensive role in mediating your response to stress.1
Get More Out of Your Microbes with Each Viome Retest
The best way to restore balance to your gut is to increase diversity and richness of its microbiota. With each Viome retest, you build on the progress you’ve made and continue to shift the ecosystem in your gut for the better.
Viome’s revolutionary metatranscriptomic sequencing technology, translational science analysis, and Artificial Intelligence are able to give you insight into your gut microbiome.. Your Viome results will show you which foods are best for you and your microbiome, so you can take your health to the next level no matter where you are today.