Introducing You: Retesting the New and Improved
Nothing is more satisfying than enacting change and seeing results. That’s why we recommend you test and reassess your health regularly so that you continue to reap the benefits of our precision nutrition recommendations.
And if it’s been a while since you retested, you might be surprised by how we have changed as well. After all, everyone deserves a glow-up - especially when it comes to making sure you’re receiving the most advanced snapshot of your health on the market.
Just this year alone, we have revamped our services to include an in-depth analysis of your blood transcriptome and included new precision supplements and pre-/probiotic formulas completely personalized to your health.
Moreover, we’ve comprehensively updated our recommendations with new data accumulated from our AI machine learning that is constantly improving with every test. As we continue to grow and evolve as a company, our ability to dial in and offer better insights into your health expands.
So in case it’s been a minute since you checked in with your health and you’re overdue in seeing just how far you’ve come along - we’re here to reintroduce you to your health with new and improved biological data delivered right to your fingertips.
How Do I Know Retesting is Right for Me?
If you don’t know, you probably know. Let’s face it, our body is undergoing constant change. Though we don’t see the necessity to do it too often, we typically recommend testing twice a year for a fairly regular review.
1. If it’s been more than six months since your last test – Whether or not you followed your Viome recommendations (we hope you did!), your gut microbiome today isn’t the same as it was five, four, or even three months ago. There’s only one way to find out how it has been affected: it’s time for a retest!
2. If you took antibiotics – Sometimes taking antibiotics is necessary, but it wrecks your gut microbiome. When this happens, you should wait until you’ve completed your course and order a Viome retest. This gives your gut the best chance to restore diversity and richness after your bugs have experienced a major disruption.
3. If you’re trying to get pregnant or become pregnant – This is an exciting time, and your health should be of top priority. When you give birth, it is not only your genes that get passed onto your baby but your gut microbiome too. Your microbes begin to colonize your baby while still in the womb. After birth, they begin the development of their own gut microbiome. We already know that the organisms living in our digestive tract impact our health. If you start the transfer with an already established healthy gut microbiome, your dose of beneficial microbes to your newborn could be a great way to give them a healthy edge.
4. If you’ve never tested your blood or saliva transcriptome - our latest and most advanced test, Full Body Intelligence™, incorporates biological information taken from your oral microbiome (which is connected to the health of your entire body) as well as your own red blood cells. Together with the gut microbiome data, it allows us to get even more insight to give you better than ever personalized nutrition recommendations, including foods, your Precision Supplements ingredients, and even targeted pre- and probiotics chosen to fit your specific gut ecosystem.
5. If you’re under a lot of stress – Major life changes can cause stress impacting your level of dysbiosis in the gut. The effects of stress on your gut microbiome can prevent it from doing its job well, which can lead to a cascade of health problems!
Get ahead of the problem and retest with Viome during these tough times. We know that trying to eat healthy during difficult phases in your life might seem like a real challenge, but with Viome you’ll get specific food recommendations to fuel your gut microbiome which plays an extensive role in mediating your response to stress.
Then, once you get your results, the power to take steps toward optimal health is in your hands.
Stick to your recommendations
They’re your own personal guide toward real, everyday actions of improvement.
Keep a close watch on your symptoms
Ask yourself - how do you feel? Is it different than the day before? What about the week before?
Track any changes you notice
We suggest keeping a written record by your bed to track at the end of each day.
Don’t beat yourself up when you slip, pick yourself back up and keep going!
We’re all human, that’s what makes us special. So it’s okay to act human and make mistakes. What’s important is our ability to learn, try, fail, and learn some more.
That is why it’s so important to not only follow your Viome recommendations but to check in when you need to with a retest. With each retest, you build momentum towards a better gut microbiome and a better you.
Your gut microbiome is like a muscle that gets stronger, the more you work at it. Everyone starts in a different place and while for some it may take a few rounds to level things out - for others it’s different. We have customers who prefer to check in every four months and others who check in twice a year.
But ultimately, you are your own best baseline so your testing schedule is up to you. We’re just here to offer the support you need, whenever you need it.
And just like you, we will continue to improve. In fact, we’re committed to it.